Thursday, April 8, 2010

Return of DtheDark?

DtheDark was the first toon I created close to a year and a half ago on the Grizzly Hills server.  He is an undead warlock.  I thought a warlock was a fitting class for an undead, or as I like to call it, zombie magic caster.  I didn't do too much with him.  Did some quests, got to level 34 about a year ago, and basically stopped playing him, instead favoring a hunter I created, which became my main.  As of just a few days ago, I thought of deleting him, but with Cataclysm on the way, I'd like to level a toon on the horde side before the expansion hits.  I also want to play on another server for a bit.  My two other toons are on Thunderhorn.  I'd like to see how the people are on GH.  While I'm sort of exciting about the prospect of running him out again, He's going to need some work to be an effective warlock.

For starters, being my first toon, and playing entirely solo outside of helping someone on a quest here and there, I didn't have a chance to learn how to play a warlock.  As a result, while he is mainly spec'd for destruction, his talent tree is going to be completely redone.  If I'm not mistaken, the talent points for that toon aren't spread out properly to achieve maximum DPS.  I just picked talents that seemed cool.  Perhaps they had some benefit.  Perhaps not...

The next area that needs work is gear. At level 34, he has two white vendor trash pieces!  The rest of the gear is okay, albeit not great.  First and foremost obviously is to upgrade those white pieces.  They don't provide any attribute bonus. 

On a note that relates to the previous issues...money!  DtheDark is broke.  I never really thought to use auction house, and vendored everything.  He may have two gold?  It's been a while since I last logged onto him, so I really don't know.  He does have skinning as a profession, so I can put some lower level leather pieces on AH that I don't need for tailoring (the first change I made) to get some money.

There's also the LFG system.  When I started DtheDark, leveling was a slower process, and geting groups to run instances was nearly impossible.  With LFG, he can find a group to run with.  I know his DPS numbers are going to be, well...let's say not great, but if I can get an item from the Satchel of Useful Goods that can benefit me, and some money you get as well, why not?

Can DtheDark roam out of the Undercity after a year?  Can I make him an effective warlock?  Can he be redeemed?  It may be difficult, but I think it is possible.  He's only level 34, so it is not too late for me to fix up the mistakes I made with him.  It may take awhile though, but it can be done.  It won't hurt to try.  As mentioned, I'd like to experience the horde quests, and experience a different server environment, perhaps make some new friends along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment