Thursday, April 1, 2010

Goals Before Cataclysm

The next WoW expansion, Cataclysm will be here before we know it. That got me to thinking of goals I have for my toons before I get the expansion (I won't be one of the people hanging outside Best Buy on launch night btw). No doubt other players are trying to cover as much of the current content as they can before Cataclysm releases. In my case, with spring now here, and the weather improving, my focus on playing on WoW is going to drop until late autumn, so that may not happen. Anyway, here are some goals I have for my toons.

Crazyd the Hunter
Currently, I'm working on gearing up my hunter. Though I dinged 80 over three months ago, I started another toon for awhile to take a break from this one. On the hunter, I'd like to:
  • Get him geared up as much as possible. This is the main one. I've been running heroics the past couple weeks to earn badges. I've gotten some drops along the way too, but I have aways to go still.
  • Exalted reputations. I want to get as many of the Northrend factions to exalted as possible. So far, I'm on the right track. I have a few at exalted already, with several more at revered. Once the new expansion hits, there's going to be new factions to gain rep for, and the Northrend ones will probably fall to the backburner.
  • Achievements. Last night I earned the Knuckle Sandwich achievement. I wanted to get that out of the way, because apparently it's going to be gone in Cataclysm. There are miscellaneous small achievements such as the Dalaran fountain fishing achievement, etc.

Those are the main goals for the hunter. I would also like, if time allows, to go back to the Burning Crusade content and do stuff there. I sort of burned through it, skipping quests in multiple zones, and overall disregarding that content for the WotLK as soon as I got the appropriate level.

Magphloin, my paladin, is currently at level 47, questing in Tenaris. My main goal for that toon is to hit 80, or to at least clear as much of the vanilla content as possible before it all changes, but we'll see. I'm not going to go after so many achievements and titles on him like I did with Crazyd. Achievements, while fun, take a lot of time and effort. Magphloin is my experiment on melee DPS and learning to work with other players.

So those are some of the goals I have before Cataclysm. As mentioned in the earlier paragraph, I'm probably not going to rush to the store to by it when it releases, but do plan on getting it at some point. Between now and then, I want to get as much out of the game as possible so when I do finally get the expansion, I can focus my efforts on that content.

No comments:

Post a Comment