Monday, August 9, 2010

Where Did Outland Go?

My paladin, Magphloin, is getting real close to being able to get to Northrend.  While I hit the Outland content a couple months ago, I don't play Magphloin on a constant basis (once or twice a week), so it seems hard to believe that I'm nearly able to send him to Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord.  The leveling from between 59, (when I first sent him to Hellfire Penninsula) seemed to pass by quickly.  Almost too much so.  Probably part of it has to due with the fact I'm on constant rested XP bonus.  The XP bar has not hit purple the whole time questing in Outland.

So far, I've quested mostly in Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, did about 20 quests in Terrokar Forest.  and am currently questing in Nagrand, leaving the zones of Netherstorm, Blade's Edge Mountains, and Shadowmoon Valley untouched.  Unless I mix the zones up to quest in each one (I tend to grab a bunch of quests in one area and complete those), I could very well move to Northrend without even seeing those zones.  In addition, I have not done ONE Outland instance (tried ramps one night, but the party fell apart because a couple players were pulling too many mobs).

So I've been asking myself what I'm going to do.  On one hand, I feel like I'm going to bypass a bunch of content to get the Northrend.  On the other hand, the gold from from quest rewards is better in Northrend, and my pally needs to make some money. Magphloin is closing in on level 68.  Some players I know headed out to Northrend at that point, but to be honest, I'm in no rush with my paladin to 80. 

No comments:

Post a Comment